Sunday 15 July 2012

Recipe #25 of NEWrecipes52 ...

Last week I decided to take the week off from trying new recipes and so today I'll be posting about not 1, not 2, not even 3 but 4 new recipes!!! I'll keep the text brief and just show you my images. Are you ready for the first? I thought I'd try a classic ... blueberry muffins.

I followed a recipe from one of my favourite, and more traditional cook books ...


Fairly standard gathering of basic ingredients ...


Every muffin recipe I've ever read says you keep the wet ingredients (milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla) ...


and dry ingredients (flour, sugar and fruit) separate until the last minute, and then you just roughly combine them together ...


Throw in the fruit and you're good to go ...


The recipe in the book had enough ingredients to make 16 muffins, but I halved all the ingredients and just made 8 ...


They didn't look very "muffiny" when they came of of the oven. The tops looked a bit smooth, more like a fairy cake than a muffin ...


But the colour was so intense ...


Flavour wise, these weren't my favourite cake. Plus, when trying to take the cases off, most of the muffin got stuck to the sides :-( ... they were OK, but not I'm not sure I'd try this recipe again.

No comments: